On behalf of Governor John Kasich, welcome to "MY OHIO PLATE." Ohio's new license plate and driver's license will showcase how Ohioans feel about Ohio. Please select the one slogan, phrase or fact that you think best describes Ohio. The deadline for submitting your recommendation is January 8, 2012. We'll review your suggestions and unveil the final version later in 2012.
Folks are then presented with a list of options to choose from including (and no, we're not making these up):
* 1st Traffic Light
* White Trillium (which is not the substance the bad guy is trying to obtain in the next James Bond movie, it's a flowered plant)
* 40,948 Square Miles
* State of Perfect Balance
* Rubber Capital of the World
They also have Tosu-centric choices such as "The Horseshoe" and "Woody Hayes" (we're guessing somebody tried to get "Fuck Michigan" on there but was unsuccessful).
Sure, some of these are okay. I mean, who wouldn't be bursting with state pride driving around sporting "1st Traffic Light" on their license plate. But none of them really capture what Ohio is. Luckily, there is a way we can be neighborly and help Ohio with this important and difficult decision. At the bottom of the BMV page with the choices is a blank write-in box under the heading "What does Ohio mean to you." Naturally, we have very strong feelings about that one. So, after giving it some thought, we here at the MZone came up with a couple suggestions:
* The Buckstache State
* I believe in hell, I live in Ohio
* Ohio: It's like Michigan...only without the class or scenery
* Speed Trap Capital of the World
* Ohio: Round ends, high inside. Just like its residents
* It could be worse, I could live next door in Kentucky
* Who farted?
Anyway, we're still trying to figure out which one to submit. And make sure you do your part for Ohio by giving them a suggestion. Let us know what it is in the comments section.
UPDATE: T-man sent us his submission. Pretty darn good...