Rants, comments, thoughts and funny - mostly funny - on all things Michigan and college football.

If you have ideas, tips, links or pictures for the blog, e-mail us at: MichiganZone at gmail dot com.

Thanks for checking out the M Zone. And if you enjoy the site, please pass the link on to a friend or two. We'd sure appreciate it.

Twitter: @MZoneBlog

Facebook/MZoneBlog

Best Of Tat and Tresselgate

M Zone Videos

Best Of MZone 2.0

Best Of The Original MZone

Tosu Favorites

MZone Archive

Friday, January 05, 2007

Gold Digger: The MZone Remix


[Mal Moore]
He take Wayne's money, then up and leave
Yea, he's a shifty coach indeed
Oh, he's a gold digga all of the time
Now coachin' in the SEC

[CHORUS:]
(He did Miami wrong)
Now I ain't sayin' he a gold digger (Who always leaves)
But Nick ain't messin' with no MAC offerz
(He did Miami wrong)
Now I ain't sayin' he a gold digger (Who always leaves)
But Nick ain't messin' with no MAC offerz
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head

[Verse 1]
Coach's the bomb
So I set out to grease his palm
With enough cash to go screw
Miami over on so
Nick said I can tell you now
I can tell you least this
I won't give Wayne the diss
Far as 'Bama, I'm not a lock
I gave Wayne my word, maybe you heard
That there's no way I'm not leavin' Miami
If you doubt it, just turn on your TV
No, I think I changed my mind
I do it all the time
Ok, so I made a deal but somehow I feel
After I pulled out the contract, with all ya cash
That in the end Bama's gonna have to pay
If you fuckin' with Saban then you gonna be payin'
You know why
It take too much to touch him
From what I heard he plain ol' lied to the Dolphins
Back in the day he fucked over the Spartans
I don't care what ESPN say, I still love him

[CHORUS:]
(He did Miami wrong)
Now I ain't sayin' he a gold digger (Who always leaves)
But Nick ain't messin' with no MAC offerz
(He did Miami wrong)
Now I ain't sayin' he a gold digger (Who always leaves)
But Nick ain't messin' with no MAC offerz
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head

[Verse 2]
8 long years, 8 long years
Nick's making 30 mil over 8 long years
I know LSU's still payin' off money for one of his deals
Booster groups still footin' that contract of his
You will see students with no money for financial aid
Yet the school finds all the dough so that coach is paid
He was s'pose to stay for longer with all that money
'Stead he went to the pros and got more that money
Shoulda learned a lesson, said Nick ain't gettin' mo' money
If you had any integrity, you'd holla We Done Fed Up
WE DONE FED UP! Yeaaaah
It's something that you need to do
Cuz Nick will leave yo ass, he gonna leave for 'nother school
8 long years, Bama. 8 long years
But after his 2nd season, he'll find an out from you

[CHORUS:]
(He did Miami wrong)
Now I ain't sayin' he a gold digger (Who always leaves)
But Nick ain't messin' with no MAC offerz
(He did Miami wrong)
Now I ain't sayin' he a gold digger (Who always leaves)
But Nick ain't messin' with no MAC offerz
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head, leave town (Lied on TV)
go 'head, Nick, go 'head

9 comments:

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

Clever...but shouldn't you folks be more concerned with Michigan choking in the Rose Bowl?

I, for one, am glad to know that Saban would rather coach at the Capstone than in the NFL.

Roll Tide!

Matthew said...

Extremely clever... I didn't bother to check the meter, but I'm sure Kanye West could make it work. Send this to that guy who makes the ACC coaches cartoons.

http://www.newsobserver.com/1235/story/481010.html

These coaches are one step away from politicians. It doesn't surpise me that Saban ignored what was essentially a campaign promise.

However, I didn't think that this was the highlight story of the day for Michigan fans... I was more pleased with Notre Dame's pathetic showing in the Sugar bowl. What makes me even MORE happy is this morning's frontpage article on ESPN.com where Mark Schlabach is permitted to write:
"LSU exposed the Irish as BCS pretenders (again)"
and he goes on to point out that "next season they'll be playing in some second-tier bowl game in a non-descript place like Shreveport, La., which is where they should have been playing during much of the last two decades."

Yay!

Out of Conference said...

Saban and Mal Moore's duet (with media chorus):

Saban:
I've got millions,
I've got Mal blowing me,
I left my signature move on his chin,
Who could ask for anything more.

Moore:
I offered to dig the Bear up
And let Saban tea-bag him,
Nick said no need,
Who could ask for anything more.

Chorus (Media):
Moore is ancient,
He's an idiot,
He won't live to see his pet project crash,
Who could ask for anything more.

---------
Frankly, I think coaching the Fish would be a much better job than having anything to do with Bammers. What are they going to do next year when he goes 6-6 and maybe only 8-4 the next year, make Spurrier an offer for $60MM? Bama thinks they have shocked the world. You did alright- you've shocked us at just how desperate things have become at that fine institution you have there. Shelling out all that cash, the begging, the groveling all for your third choice coach- just to try to beat the Tigers. As a Gamecock fan, I wish you guys luck on getting back on track, but give Saban more time than you gave Shula. He may very well need it.

beast in 'bama said...

The interesting thing will be what happens when the people who've paid all this money begin telling a control freak like Saban how to run the program.

I will predict this now: Saban's eminent divorce from Alabama will be one of the ugliest, nastiest breakups in history.

From a football standpoint, Saban is a good fit. OOC (Jim), you know I'm no 'Bama homer, but I've got to disagree with you about their prospects in '07. They've got a very good team coming back next year and a favorable schedule. Saban is walking into a good football situation, at least.

And as for coaching salaries in general, it's being reported that Tressel has a clause in his current contract that if (when) he wins his second MNC in five years, he gets to tear up said contract and renegotiate. His new contract will HAVE to be bigger than Saban's for OSU to save face.

No college coach deserves to make more than Tressel right now, but is even he worth this kind of money? Either way, the bar has definitely been raised.

Nuclear proliferation?

TitleIX said...

Did you hear Lou Holtz going off about how much Saban will regret his choice? It was like public therapy for Lou who went on and on about how bad he felt dissing the Jets...
someone buy that man some PolyGrip

Out of Conference said...

BiB - I see your point and consent with re: to next year's prospects for Bama. I just would like to see how the science experiment proceeds if they do have only a mediocre season over the next years.
Nuclear proliferation is right. At some point, realistically the NCAA and univ presidents are going to have to publicly admit that college athletics at the D1 for most schools is no longer about education for athletic kids. Otherwise, I really have to believe that the not-so-subtle trend towards parity will be reversed by schools who can't afford to stay in the business.

Yeah, Tressel may be asking for some serious cake this time next week.

ohio_guy said...

LOL on the song.

I hate how espn always makes such a big deal out of stories like this. They just over do it sometimes.

Newspaper Hack said...

You did alright- you've shocked us at just how desperate things have become at that fine institution you have there.

I love it. As a Bama fan that had the fortunate chance to graduate from Carolina, I always like how delusional USC fans can be.

To wit:
Columbia, 1999: "Lou Holtz will win us a national championship!" Two bowl wins and an 0-11 season in six years.

Columbia, 2004: "Spurrier will win us a national championship!" Well, he is .500 against Clemson. Beats that 63-17 ass-kicking I watched in person.

Now that's not to say Bama doesn't have a lot one can call out, but Carolina fans have no room to talk.